1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax BCZ3000 bogging down

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by rlmelton, Apr 19, 2005.

1. rlmelton

rlmelton LawnSite Member

I recently purchased 2 new Redmax BCZ3000s trimmers. When I fired them up to run them they both were running ragged. Bogging down and hesitating when you throttled them up. Is there a carb adjustment on these new trimmers that I'm not aware of? Also is there a manafacture forum on Redmax that I could get some info on?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No carb adjustments check your fuel or your plug pull the screen out of the muffler.
  3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Sounds like fuel supply getting air (cap?) or a vacuum leak.

You say these are 'new', low-to-zero hours units (?), so the fuel is fresh, right?
  4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

All new 2 stroke equipment needs a few seconds to a minute or two to purge the air from the fuel system.

The dealer should have fueled your trimmers and had them running properly before leaving the store. We have sold around 1500 pieces of 2 cycle equipment during the last 7 months and every unit was started prior to delivery. We had 4 units that went to recheck and were repaired prior to delivery and 1 unit that was returned and exchanged after delivery.

Don't leave the store without allowing the dealer to start and run everything with an engine on it.

If you bought your trimmers on line then your closest dealer will get the units running properly after he services all his loyal customers.

5. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

No carb adjustment....none really needed if set up, operated, and maintainted correctly.

Some 3000's got out with the wrong shield/cut off leaving too much line out. Eventually the spark arrestor loaded up, and even the piston/cylinder got coated with baked on oil from blowby. That extra friction would bog it down.

Check with dealer.

If coated bad enough....internals would have to be chemically, and maybe manually cleaned.
  6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you telling all RedMax users not to run Amsoil, Optimol or any other 100:1 mix oil? As a RedMax rep you are representing your company's stance regarding these products.