Redmax blower (EB-6200) losing power

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Likestomow, Jan 30, 2002.

1. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

My Redmax EB-6200 slows down after using it a little while. I have had the ignition module replaced recently, so I know that’s okay.

I was told today that the problem might be bad main bearings, and that some of the 1999 models did have bad bearings when they were made.

Anyone else having the same trouble?
  2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I had this problem with my EB4300, and it was the spark arrestor screen in the muffler. I pulled it off and the thing ran great. At least it's something you can check without spending money.
  3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

This thread should be in the Mechanics and Repair forum. Anyway, check to see if your insulator block is loose. Sometimes the bolts that hold these blocks to the engin back out a little, and then your carb. will be sucking air, resulting in a power loss or sometimes "surging".

4. MowJo

MowJo LawnSite Member
    from KY

I agree with eslawns, check the screen first. If its badly plugged you may also want to pull the muffler and see if the exhaust port has excessive carbon build up. If so, be careful when you clean the exhaust port to keep the debris out of the piston chamber. Hope this helps.