Redmax Blower....Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DeepMudRancher, Sep 10, 2007.

1. DeepMudRancher

DeepMudRancher LawnSite Member

I found a 1 year old Redmax blower for sale that is in really good condition....it is the Redmax 7001.... They want 350 for it, would you buy it, or just go with a new one? i need a new blower bad!

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

is the fuel tank clear or that dulled, hard to see thru color? are the plastics shiny and scratch free (with-in reason), all of the tubing there? no duct tape?

offer 300 and work your way up, probably worth 350 if it's in good shape. also make sure it has had the muffler recall if it needed it.

3. fergman

fergman LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

a new one. just a few bucks more and you have a full 2 year warranty bud.

4. windsory

windsory LawnSite Member

whats the muffler recall?

5. elshauno

elshauno LawnSite Member

Get it new the warranty wont transfer over not that you will really need it the 7001 is a great blower. But I would rather by it from a local dealer who can fix it if it really needs it.

6. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

To high buy new,my 2 cents.

7. MikeLT1Z28

they had a blower recall on the 7001's for the muffler splitting open on the bottom seam and hot exhaust was blowing down on the top of the fuel tank. dealers are replacing mufflers. some other blower had this recall recently too.

8. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

The muffler recall was more than a year ago.

If it's in real nice shape, then yes it is worth $300-350. They are great machines. I got one new for $425. Even that was a great deal.

9. MikeLT1Z28

um, i had my recall done this spring... it's not when they did the recall, it's when it was built.

10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I dont like to buy used. People sell things for a reason.