Redmax blower problems- Carb bad on HBZ2601!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RHHCUTEM, May 15, 2008.

1. RHHCUTEM

RHHCUTEM LawnSite Member

I have had terrible luck with these two handheld blowers from Redmax that I bought one year ago! If it wasnt for my Local dealer standing behind them I would have been in-touch with Redmax for a refund! The carb has been replaced twice in each one and I have been given a totally new unit twice from my dealer......cause Redmax had "fixed" the problem.

Just wondering if anyone else had a problem??

2. simsfarm

simsfarm LawnSite Member

Me too! Took it back to dealer who said they are cold natured. Starts on first pull, but I have to warm it up for a couple of minutes and even then it doesn't want to take the gas and go to full speed. If you shut it off for a few minutes its the same drill all over again.

3. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

Where do you buy your fuel?

4. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Mine's cold natured as well, needs like 20-30 sec of warm up or it sputters on throttle.

Have'nt changed a carb yet but had trouble with an air leak where the insulator block attaches to the cylinder.

5. 2k1yzfr1

and......where do you buy your fuel at? :confused:

6. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

With all the "blended" gas out there they are hard on the 2 strokes. I use a little seafoam in my 2 strokes. (2601 trimmers and 2601 handheld blower and 8000 redmax ebz backpack) I have had great service for the last five years. I am worried about the quality of the newer stuff with the buy out by Huskvarna.

7. simsfarm

simsfarm LawnSite Member

I don't believe I have a fuel problem as the same fuel runs fine in a Redmax trimmer and Stihl chainsaws. I'll post whatever the dealer does next.

8. RHHCUTEM

RHHCUTEM LawnSite Member

This is no fuel problem! I have spoke to redmax and they acknowledge the problem. I have sence taken my redmax blowers back.....all 3....and have gotten my money back and got shindaiwas!

I could only have someone tell me they are cold natured so many times.
    I would mow one yard...put it in the trailer and get it out 15 minutes later and it would be the same cold acting start-up!

Redamax needs to fix it....bottom line!! Cal. emissions or not!

My dealer has since quit selling the handhelds!!

9. 2k1yzfr1

And do you care to share the name of the station where you buy your fuel? :confused:

10. RHHCUTEM

RHHCUTEM LawnSite Member

Dude...why are u so hung up on the fuel question?

I will be glad to share where I buy fuel?
    Shell and Exxon....thats the only two places i buy fuel....because they are customers of mine!