RedMax Blower recall?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AtlYardWorks, Sep 23, 2005.

1. AtlYardWorks

AtlYardWorks LawnSite Member

I just called my dealer to see if they had a EBZ8000 blower in stock and the girl told me there was a manufacturer recall and they all had to be sent back and will not be back for a week or so. She wasn't sure why and the manager was out, so I was wondering if anybody knows what's up? Also, I need another blower ASAP, any thoughts on the Stihl BR 600? Thanks!

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

If there is a recall, we have not heard about it yet out here in Texas.

3. AtlYardWorks

AtlYardWorks LawnSite Member

My wife just got off the phone with the dealer and he said it had the do with the casing on the blowers.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Recall might be from a broken choke switch that stays closed...I had 2 go bad on mine right after I bought them.

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

the only recall i have seen on redmax's dealer intranet involved the carb a couple months back

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

That is why I never buy a product that is a new design until after it has been out a year. Seems like it takes a year for a product to be used in the real world before they get all the problems worked out.

7. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Nothing here! ;)

8. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

to ask about the recall, they will email me back...so far, 20 plus emails and not one response...I emailed shindy yesterday and today and got a response both times within hours...

9. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

wouldnt surprise me.
    I went from sthil to rmax as I liked the dealed better. 7001 & 8000 blower handheld, pole saw long & short reach hedge trimmers, tiller, & edger. after a couple of months I began to have problems. carb troubls, throttle cables, power loss. dealer tries to keep up, BUT PARTS FROM REX MAX TAKE FOREVER TO GET IN!!! Switching back to sthil, I'll just drive to get equipment.

10. flam41

flam41 LawnSite Member

I will say when they are working they are good, hopefully kinks will get worked out. The 8000 is a blowen sob.