Redmax Blower recall!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevo22, Jun 8, 2006.

1. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

brother in law said that he read in consumer reports that redmax blowers have a recall...7000,7001, and 8000's...said that owners that registered them should be getting something in the mail re this and if they were not registered then take it to a redmax dealer for inspection and repair...
    he said that it had something to do with the muffler housing cracking and melting the gas can???anyone here of this????

2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Damn that sounds dangerous. Glad I went echo becaue even if redmax is a little better I don't have a good dealer so getting this recall fixed would of been a nightmare!

Jeff

3. AAELI

AAELI LawnSite Senior Member

Get it in for replacement of the affected parts! They have had 5 accidents with fires started but no injuries thankfully. This also affects the Shnidaiwa blower of this similar series as it is made by Redmax for Shindaiwa.

4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

5. dbianchilndscpe

dbianchilndscpe LawnSite Member

It is the EB6500 series as well and I have had atleast 10 or more catch on fire. My question is will they warranty the full blower engines that have failed to exhaust problems?I think we need a class action suit to get compensation for the time down for these units. I have purchased 19 to 20 EB 6500,7000,7001's in the last 8 years and lost 1/2 of them to muffler failure! I made numerous attempts to get compensated and got knowhere.If anyone has any luck,let me know.

6. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

That thread is a little old.

7. Lovingreen

Lovingreen LawnSite Member

why would you keep buying them if 50% crash and burn?

8. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The problem was fixed.

9. lostmdboy

lostmdboy LawnSite Member

I think I will keep an eye on my 8001 just in case ;D

10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

People on lawnsite are going to stick with Redmax and Stihl come hell or high water.....