1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax blower throttles

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Dec 31, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Which redmax blower throttle is better, tube wount or hip mount? Any opinions?
  2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I prefer the hip mount because it is can be adjusted at different hights and can be folded up when in use or not without getting damaged. If the controls are are the tube they're more likely to get damaged. I think the tube mount is an option so it might cost more than the standard hipmount.
  3. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I prefer the hip mount. My Stihl BR 600 has the tube mount & at first, I felt off-balance when I was walking. One thing I like about the tube mount though is that I can also carry a handheld blower so I can blow twice as much stuff if need be.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I get the hip mount on every back pack.
  5. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Yeah, I prefer hip mount as well.
  6. S man

Hip mount is good. I have it on my echo.
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hip mount here too. But I'll warn you - they can break off if you're not careful. I've got a few EBZ8000 blowers and one day my guys brought it to me and had broken the throttle mount completely off the blower. They were tossing it into the trailer too hard or something. Still, they had done that for years with the Echo Blowers we had traditionally used with no problems. But the big difference is Echo hip-mount blowers have a flexible throttle shaft. The Redmax is not flexible. AND it's attached to this casing that encases the entire blower. And not cheap to replace. So I was a little bummed about that. I wish the throttle mount was flexible like the Echos.

Still a great machine though. Blows friggin' small boulders down the road, if you want.
  8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

My echo has hip and I love it. It is much tougher than tube and because mine is flexible it can really take a beating.
  9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

For the Redmax bp blowers, I prefer the hip mounted throttle.
  10. S man

Yes echo's hip mounts are durable.