Redmax Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AWJ Services, Mar 26, 2005.

1. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Picked up the 8000 today.Needed it for some new accounts that will require alot of blowing.It really is not very uncomfortable with the waist belt.It feels no different than a Sthil 420.The only problem I see is it creates alot of twisting on your upper torso.Really feels weird.

The power is awesome.It really does not sound powerful,but it really moves alot of air.Blowing leaves across the road there was no need to move.Stood on the shoulder and cleaned it off all the way across. :)

Enough rambling.
  2. LawnSite Senior Member

Good to hear....with all the Redmax supporters on this site I think my next blower will probbaly be a 7001, I think the 8000 may be a lil too much and a couple new Redmax trimmers.
  3. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

The 8000 is awesome but damn is it heavy! !It eats gas as well.

I bought one to replace an Echo PB-650 and, except for the extra air flow, I much prefer the Echo which is not as heavy and still puts out a bunch of air.
  4. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got a Shindaiwa EB630 a while back. It sorta caught me off guard a few times. I was kinda squatting down and leaning to one side and I let off the throttle and about fell over (i was in a weird position). AHHH POWER!
  5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I looked at all there weights and they all are within a few pounds of each other.
    Some my feel that going from 22 pounds with the new Stihl BR550 to the 24 pounds of the Redmax is alot ,But I feel that I will wear it less with the added power speeding up the work.
    I looked at the Echo PB-651 and it is 24 pounds also.
    I demoed several and bought the one that was the most powerful.
    The old Sthil 420 is almost 5 pounds lighter by the way.
    I am just glad I have the choice between many great manufacturers that produce quality stuff.I have to replace some more stuff so it looks like I have some more questions too ask.

:blob3: :blob3: