Redmax Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tony1045, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

I need to purchase another blower. I know I'm going with the Redmax. I currently have a EB7001. I'm thinking about going to the 8000. My question is, is the 8000 that much better then the 7001 and is it worth the $ difference. Thanks, Tony:confused:

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

FOR ME the 8000 is overkill. i could get by with less but its nice to have the extra power if needed like for wet leaf cleanups etc. its 5 more lbs to tote also. i use mine sparingly cause most days i just dont need the force 5 hurricane on demand power.

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

...we have found it indispensable during this leaf season. However with that said I would check out the comparable Stihl (600) before purchasing the 8000. The Stihl is evidently lighter and more ergonomically thought out. Either way you will be impressed with the difference between the 7001 and whatever machine you choose.

James

4. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I use my 8000 every day. Its heavy, and it was built cheaply but it dose blow a lot of air. Over all I'm glad I spent the money on it. I got it from a sponsor on this web site. But if I need to get it fixed I don't have a dealer to bring it too. I have to jam the joke off so it stays off. I have a Stihl, and I would buy another. If the bad boy Stihl is as powerful as the Red Max, I would look into those too.

5. Jim Buessing

Jim Buessing LawnSite Member

Foreget Redmax...GO STIHL!!! :cool:

6. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

Tony

We have a Redmax EBZ 8000 and do not have a EB 7000. If you can handle the added weight of the 8000 model I would advise you go with it as it should offer better fuel economy for the same work effort due to the Z model engine (stratocharged ? spelling). This would also give you some extra power for the big work. Surprising we still pick the EBZ 8000 over our smaller blower for most jobs as we just throttle the 8000 down for the light work (keep the lawn chairs and welcome mats in place). For the large driveways and long walkways full throttle and you are done fast. If I was purchasing now I would also look at the Sthil BR600 as it seems to be working well for most.

7. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

When you say purchase another blower...do you mean in addition to your current blower, specifically for leaf cleanup, etc.?

If its to use as your everyday BP blower (grass clippings from walks, minor leaf cleanups, etc.) I would say forget it...its just too darn heavy and bulky. If its in addition to one you already own and it has a specific purpose (speeding up a job/greater efficiency) then go for it. I can't comment on the 7000, we have the 8. We like it, but it does not get placed in the enclosed trailer for everyday work.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

You don't need that hurricaine like power too often because you poor guys get enough real ones.
    I have a 8000 and LOVE it. I used to have a Shindy and this puts that to shame. Overkill or not I can't imagine cleaning the kind of leaf cover we get here with anything less.

9. Tony1045

Tony1045 LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input. Still haven't made up my mind yet. I'll let you know what I go with. Tony:dizzy:

10. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

I just got an Shindiawa EB 630 and I love it!! Its really saved me a bunch of time cleaning out beds. Ill be in the market for an additional blower. Right now we use the wheel blower (an old.... 8 hp mitty max) My BP blows just as well as that does and its easier to manuver with it on your back. Im looking to get an other BP for my workers. I really want to have the largest I can get and it looks like the Red Max is it

I have a hand help Shindiawa, the eb 630 and a BP ehco cant remeber the # but its a small one. the New blower would be mostly used for Leaf clean up and thats it.
    Would you go with the 8000 then??

thanks