Redmax Blower?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by T.E., Feb 22, 2008.

1. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I have an EBZ7001 blower with the throttle on the left hand side. I put a new kill switch on it, it still won't kill the engine. I ran wire straight to the coil itself, and it still won't kill it. The only way to kill the engine is to flood it.

Any one ever run into this problem before? Thanks, Tony

2. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

If I remember correctly there is two wires one goes to the coil and the other is grounded to the motor. Could it be the ground wire that's causing your problems? I would check that next.

3. T.E.

Will do... thanks, Tony.

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have the same blower and I love it, however those two wires always fall out and its a bi**h to put them back together.

5. CALandscapes

CALandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I have the same exact problem. My guys also just flood the engine to kill it. Every time we've put the wires back together they just fall apart again. Best suggestion I might have would be to sauter them together (which I have yet to do)...

6. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I was thinking...maybe even as simple as electric tape.

7. T.E.

Thanks guys. I got it fixed. The problem was the two wires running to the coil... one is a ground the other the fire from the coil. The one that has the fire was broken inside. I replaced both wires, and butt spiced them together, and wrapped in electrical tape. It is good to go now.

Tony