RedMax BP Sprayers

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Whitey4, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I was trying to buy a Maruyama (sp?) BP sprayer, but thir distribution system here is awful. The regional master distributor told me my main distributor can sell them, but they don't stock them, and the counter people never even heard of the brand.

On my way out, I saw some RedMax BP sprayers. I've heard the Solos leak, the Gilmours and Chapins generally suck, but until today, didn't even know RedMax had sprayers. Has anyone used them? Are they comfortable to wear? Good accessory availability? TIA....

2. AustinLawnscape

AustinLawnscape LawnSite Member

I just looked all over the RedMax web page but couldn't find anything about sprayers. Must be something new?

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Is it power or manually operated? A good alternative to the Maruyama power sprayer that I use is the Solo 433. Sold online and parts are available online.

4. Whitey4

There were two of them, a 4.5 gallon and a 4 gallon. Both manual pump, the 4G unit had a 160lb PSI rating the other one was a bit higher. Prices weren't posted.

5. Whitey4

Guess I'll have to call me dealer back on these units.... they aren't sprayers that look like Solos, etc..... wierd they arent at the RedMax site.

6. Whitey4

I called RedMax today. These are real, made by SP Systems. I was told the RedMax site was being redone, and they didn't add these two new sprayers. They may be cusom built for RedMax, as I don't see a 4.6 gallon sprayer at the ST Sys. site.

http://www.spsystemsllc.com/agriculturalek/estatekeeper.html

List: $89.99 for 4.6 gallons, 168 PSI, agitator paddle for WP's, 20" wand. Maybe a version of the SP2?

List: $139.99 for 4.0 gallons, 150 PSI, which is I believe the SP3 unit.

Anyone ever use these SP Sytems units?

7. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

On a related topic, has anyone tried the Fastpac electric sprayers? I was looking on their web site fastpac.biz and thought that for 300.00 they didn't look bad. We have been using Birchmeier back packs for years and have been happy but the pumping and having to remove the pump handle to store in the van get to be a pain.