RedMax Brushcutter/ Trimmer Opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nstrut, Apr 22, 2006.

1. nstrut

nstrut LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hey Guys,

New to the site and need some opinions. You guys know that guy you see on TV that has trimmer line wrapped all around his head while trying to work on his trimmer and then he finally gets so frustrated that he throws the trimmer on the ground and walks away? Well.... I'm that guy every weekend!:realmad: :confused:

Seriously, I am ready to purchase my first commercial grade trimmer and I believe I have settled on the RedMax BCZ3000. I had really been considering a Stihl or ShinDaiwa, but after reading this site and doing some research, I believe I'll give RedMax a try.

Does anyone have any input on this trimmer or any models that compare? I am a little concerned with the throttle on the bicycle handle. Do these hold up well?

Also, I work in creek bottoms with tons of rocks, big and small. Is there a specific head I should be using that would work for these types of applications? I have been changing line constantly in the past.

One last thing, is there a harness/strap that is recommended for this trimmer? Do you guys recommend a certain type of harness for comfort for those long days?

Sorry for the basic questions, but for a newbie, they are important ones. Any other information/recommendations would be greatly welcomed!

Thanks in advance!:waving:

2. nstrut

nstrut LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Well, I didn't get any input so I went with my gut and ordered the RedMax BCZ3000SW.

I got the optional bicycle handle and a couple different blades also. It was nice to see I can also buy attachments that bolt straight to the gaer casing and not have to mess with a split boom. I'll pick it up on Friday and let you know the results. Any input or advice would still be greatly appreciated.

P.S. The total package with the optional bike (W) handle and throttle, extra blades, and oil cost me $514.00. I'm praying this is worth it.
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Since you spent THAT much money, I hope you didn't buy it online. Dealer support is critical. Redmax products are top-notch, IMO. Good Luck with it.:usflag:
  4. nstrut

nstrut LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

No, I bought it at a dealer. In fact, I have to drive an hour for a dealer, but that's okay. I have a Redmax dealer 10 minutes away, but I didn't care for him too much, so I looked elsewhere. The dealer I'm dealing with seems to be top-notch. Time will tell, but I'm happy thus far. Thanks for the reply!:dancing: