Redmax carb adjustment?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by exmarkking, Feb 16, 2013.

1. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know how to adjust the carb on one? My runs horrible
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

A little more specifics, both on what model you are talking about, and how it runs, would be helpful.

3. exmarkking

It's model gz25n. It's runs really rough under full throttle and will die sometimes after running full throttle then going to idle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Gold Member

As mentioned a bunch of times before, did ya pull the muffler and check/clean the cyl. port of any carbon buildup? Check the plug for correct gap, worn out?
    Carb mounting tight?

5. exmarkking

Checked it all. I fix everything myself, this machine has only been used half a season, and about a month after buying it, it ran rough, so since it was under warranty I took it to the dealer and he took it to the back and brought it back shorty after and said he adjusted the carb and that it was running great. Well a couple of days later I used it and it still ran rough, and haven't had time to take it back and really don't care to take it back. It's either the carb is dirty or needs adjustment but I've taken it all part and don't see an adjustment anywhere. Why is this some sort of secret to adjust these? Is it even possible to adjust it or were they pulling my leg when they said they did?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Oli

Oli LawnSite Member

According to the information you provided, the carb on this machine is a Walbro WYA-76-1. You should check the carb numbers to make sure. According to the Walbro site, this carb series has a fixed jet, and is not adjustable except for the idle speed. If you are sure it's the carb, your only option is to rebuild it or replace it. Be sure to compare the cost. Keep in mind rebuilds don't always work. If under warranty take it back to the dealer.

7. exmarkking

yeah I'll probably take it back to the dealer.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

You might also want to ask the dealer if there is an adjustable carb that can be used instead.

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a similar issue and determined that the fuel line had a small crack in it right by the carburetor that wasn't clearly visible. I replaced the line and it has been great ever since.

10. exmarkking

So why did the dealer say he adjusted the carb?
    Posted via Mobile Device