redmax carbon build up...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Oct 5, 2006.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i've been using the same oil mix for years without a real problem of carbon build up on the screens. I have redmax, echo, and Husky 2 strokes.
    i recently bought a remax blower, 4401, and a redmax trimmer, the tr123 i believe.
    they are about a month old now, and already i have to clean the screens.

is it my ratio mixture? or do they burn fuel differently when they are still new? or maybe the screens are meshed smaller? my other redmax blower is about 8 years old and i don't ever recall having to clean the screen on it.

any advice?

2. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Solution=Amsoil Saber mixed at 80 to 1 .Even the little resistor screens in our Stihl equipment mufflers ,never plug up .

3. fga

thanks Bill,
    i've never heard of this. do you have a supplier lead?

4. 6'7 330

Here you go...www.amsoil.com.

5. fga

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: i really don't search too randomly on the net, my computer freezes, pop-ups. etc.

is this what you buy and mix?

8 oz. per 5 U.S. gallons 80:1

80:1, i've never used that ratio. is it safe because its synthetic? my echo equipment calls for 50:1, and my Lawnboys 32:1.
    would the 80:1 be safe.

i would like to purchase some of this tonight, place an order if it is safe.

$3.60 for a 5 gallon mix is pretty good, cheaper then what i pay.

6. 6'7 330

Adam,

Yup 8 oz bottle per 5 gal. The Amsoil saber is special formulated for all small hand held equipment two stroke oil applications. Under home owner conditions, as in my own lawn, trees etc, I mix it at 100 to 1.Under the more extreme commercial conditions, 80 to 1.

Amsoil is the nectar of the gods for two stroke oil applications. I have used it for years and years, never an oil related failure.

7. fga

thanks for the lead, i appreciate it.

nectar of the gods for two stroke aplications:laugh: , you should offer them that line as a slogan.

or atleast offer it Dano edited:
    "Fluid Film, nectar of the gods for Lubrication applications.." :waving:

8. Dano50

Dano50 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, that one could have had a shot in the slogan contest.

NOW GO VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SLOGAN:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Simple solution: Throw away the spark screen as soon as you get a new handheld machine home.

10. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

What he said.

Although now we're gonna' hear from those talking about how we are breaking the law and about to burn down forests, etc.

I've heard good stuff about the Amsoil but I use Opti-2 at 80:1. I had a packet of Amsoil and it didn't say whether it had fuel stabilizer in it or not. The Opti-2 does. Been using the Opti-2 since 2000.:)