Redmax - do they make curved shaft???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, May 24, 2005.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking at adding a few curved shaft trimmers to our trucks and one dealer says they don't make a pro series curved shaft and the other dealer states they do and gave me a price. I don't seem to find anything about this on there website so I am asking my fellow experts!!

2. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

Yes, they do! I just looked in the Redmax catalog and they offer the BT250 in their "Home Owner Series". The promo says, "Get the features that serious home users demand". :p

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Why curved

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry but what LCO in their right mind would used a curve shaft trimmer?

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with it'sgottobegreen get the bcz3000 straight shaft and be happy with it LOTS of power.

6. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Mainly that is all we use - straight shaft but at times to have an extra trimmer with us would be nice. Also not as expensive and I find that the "rookie's" get the hang of them alot faster.

7. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

As a Redmax Dealer.... the BT250 is NOT commercial. It's a $149 homeowner unit. Redmax made these units to get into the homeowner market and have a less expensive trimmer to compete.

They also make a Homeowner straight shaft...... $199.

I would not reccommend either one for commercial use... the 2-year warranty is a RESIDENTIAL warranty!

Buy a BCZ2400 and you'll be glad you did!!

8. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

If your wanting a back up or a "new employee special " machine, go to a pawn shop and pick up a decent used commercial machine.. I bought a Redmax 7001 Blower that I guarantee doesn't even have a full season on it for: $115..... I was gonna get an Echo srm 260 in kinda rough shape that ran pretty good for $65 too, but I didn't have enough in my wallet by the time they tacked on tax... :angry: .. Dang tax...