Redmax EB 7001 question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cut 2 Please, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

I sold my Echo 650 this morning and bought a Redmax 7001. Right now it does not have the power the Echo did. I have read where people say it picks up power after it breaks in. Can anyone tell me how long does this take and will it ever have as much power as my Echo did?

2. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Give it several days of use...You will see a big difference after a little use..

3. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Why did you buy a RedMax over another Echo PB-650??

The PB-650 blows more air...plain and simple and it is quite a bit quieter

4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Plain and simple? Blows more air? 613 is more than 635? Wow.

5. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

The difference was like night and day after mine was broken in. Be patient.

6. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

YOu need to get your figures strait before you say that....

7. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Do you guys believe everything you hear and read??

If you do, Im have a bridge that I would like to sell you...cheap. Also, you might be interested in Homelite's $159 backpack. Homelite states that it puts out more than 200 MPH!!

The plain truth is that I have run the Echo PB-650 right next to and right after the EB-7001. Both units were broken in demo units at a dealer. The Echo had more power than the RedMax but the BIG difference was the NOISE.

The Echo was a lot quieter than the RedMax and that is very important to me and should be important to you as well.

Don't believe everything you hear and read.....and have a great season!!

8. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I've used both, the Redmax outpowers the 650, noy by a ton, but by a significant margin. Noise? Ear plugs.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

My dealer did some side by side compairison tests between the Redmax 7001 & the Echo 750 w/ bricks, tennis balls & general debris. Both units were demos so they were broken in.

The Redmax fell just short in every test. The Echo had a distinct advantage in raw power.

Personally, I would wait for the new Stihl 4mix if I was considering a new blower.

10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

"The Redmax fell just short in every test. The Echo had a distinct advantage in raw power." Posted by Fareway Lawncare.

There has to be some sort of trickery involved here. Perhaps with tube sizes?