Redmax EB 7001 won't turn off

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by wojo23323, Mar 23, 2005.

1. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

EB 7001 won't turn off. Checked all wires. They are all connected and look good. Both of my 7001's do this.
  2. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

I have a ***** of a time turning mine off as well. Never used to be like that either. I now use the choke black-lever thingy to make it stall to stop. I don't know if there is an adjustment in the on-off switch or throttle cable or something, but I got the same problem. <G>
  3. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

What kind of engine is in it?

Sounds like the ignition coil ground wire. When the coil is grounded, the engine dies. It could be a little corrosion on one of the connectors or where the throttle cam grounds it to chassis.
  4. speedyandy

speedyandy LawnSite Member

you did not specify which style blower you have.If it is the one where the throtle is on blower tube,check inside housing to make sure switch is making good contact.If it is the other style the push switch might be bad.Hope this helps.
  5. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

I've got a similar problem with my Redmax 8000 tube mount. It will fire for a couple seconds after the kill is switched. Happened the first day I bought it new! Hate to take things like this to my dealer. They always get me in the field quick after a breakdown so I like to keep the small things away from them.
  6. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a eb7000, and it does the same thing, had to choke it to turn it off.
    Look at the wires from the handle to the place where they go into the back of the blower, there will more than likelyt be one that is broken off or just not connected. Mine was at the back where the wires go into it.
  7. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

agree with CCWKen, I have had this problem on my blower and it was related to the ground wire..... either lose or corrosion
  8. wojo23323

wojo23323 LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll look at that ground wire again.