1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RedMax EB7000 Mine Came Today.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Oct 2, 2000.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

This is my first back pack blower and what a hoot as compared to the handhelds we have. It has plenty of power and a E-Z operation. I like to think of it as a street sweeper.

I just hope it lasts for a long time as I bought it from Alamia for $435.00 whereas my local RedMax dealer wanted $545.00 and tax. I doubt that I will be taking it to the local dealer for servicing. Oh well...

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Your local dealer should still be able to service it...dealers still make money from manfac. when servicing the product no matter who sold it. When you buy a Ford truck you can take it to any dealer to have it serviced under warranty....
  3. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc LawnSite Member

It doesn't work that way though lone star.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Servicing, What servicing!? If it's like my eb6200, nothing will go wrong with it. Mine's 2 1/2 years old a starts the first or second pull everytime !
  5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of our equipment was bought on alamia.com and is serviced here in town no problem...maybe were lucky

[Edited by LoneStarLawn on 10-03-2000 at 01:42 AM]
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I choose not to get a$$ raped by the local dealers as well. I bought my EB630 Shindaiwa from Alamia for well over $100 less than local.
  7. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

My echo dealer for example services echo stuff I didn't buy from him. Don't see why a shindaiwa dealer wouldn't do the same.
  8. jaybee

jaybee LawnSite Member

Any other web sites to buy equipment. Even if you don't buy it's nice to make a price comparison with the local dealer.
  9. Scotty

Scotty LawnSite Member

I made my first purchase from Alamia last week, I bought one EB7000 Redmax. We have three EB6200, there about two years old. Figured I better take advantage of the huge savings, free shipping an no tax. Saved $132.00.
  10. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Should not matter where you buy it from. If there is warrenty work your local dealer gets paid by RedMax anyway. as far as regular servicing they will service most anything just dont tell em where ya got it.