Redmax.. EB7001 or EB8000?

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Landscape89, Jul 4, 2006.

?

Redmax.. EB7001 or EB8000?

1. EB7001

54.5%
  2. EB8000

45.5%
  1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

I have the EB7001... LOVE IT!!!!!! I am going to be buying another one so I can have 2 going when Fall Clean Up comes around. Some people say stick with the EB7001 because its Comfortable for the operator.. While others say go with the EB8000 because its more powerful. The downside I've heard to the 8000 is that its heavier than the 7001 and also a bit more expensive.. And I think the 7001 is VERY powerful anyways.. Just wondering what you guys thought would be a better buy

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I have an Eb6200 and its nice and powerful. I think the 8000 is nice but its overkill and it is heavy.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i know i said eb7001 before when i talked to you the other day, but i used them both kind of side by side and the 8000 does have quite a bit more power IMO, if you can handle the weight of it, ide go that direction. That is going to be my next blower.

4. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

I have both and always choose the 8000. You get used to the bit of extra weight. The 8000 is noticeably more powerful and mine uses very little more fuel than the 7001.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've had two 7001's and two 8000's. The 8000 is the only blower for me.

Hey, I'd mount a Little Wonder to my back if it would get me home that much quicker.:)

6. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

eb7001 is a hell of a blower, fairly light the 8000 is much heavery than the 7001, but like mcw said if u can handle the 8000 get it

7. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

there is no such thing as overkill when its leave season

8. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Try blowing a brick around an asphalt parking lot with the 70001. Won't work. The 8000 will do it. Sit on a bicycle, in a paved parking lot, with the 8000 on your back. Point the tube to the rear and crank it wide-open. The 8000 will propel you and the bicycle across the parking lot. I really don't think that the 7001 can do this. I have tried both tests, and they DO work.

9. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

exactly what he said. 8000 hand down

10. ITL

ITL LawnSite Member
    from SW OH

The EBZ8000 has the Stratocharged engine to be emission compliant without using a catalylitic converter. The benefit we see is the fuel consumption is lower than a conventional 2 cycle and comparable to a 4 stroke. This means for the same amount of work completed the fuel use will be less. Over the life of the blower the fuel savings should pay for the price difference. We like the 8000 and once it is on your back it does not seem to be an issue. The hip strap on the 8000 seems to take much of the weight off your back. We only use it if we have more then 10 minutes of blower use. The hip strap is real nice when using the backpack blowers for long periods like end of season leaf work. We lean foreward when pulling the hip straps tight and when we stand up, the weight is on the hips not our shoulders. We leave our shoulder straps loose. Like a nice hicking backpack is ment to be worn.

Regards

Wayne