Redmax EB7001 "turbo" tube extension???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Oct 21, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Does anyone have this extra piece of tube for their EB7001?? If so, is it a noticeable difference?
    How much $ was it? And how does it attach (there's nothing at the end of my tube)?.
    Thanks.

2. grasssin

grasssin LawnSite Senior Member

I was curious about this as well, in a post about the new 8000, the turbo nozzle is discused but no one gives a place to buy it. My dealer has no idea what I am talking about when I asked him about it, but would like to know where I can get it too.

3. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Have your dealer or you can call my dealer. Josh-360-384-0799. He knows where to get em.

It will make a difference. basically it is a tip for the tube that has a slightly smaller egress. (i think-had it so long i forget what a regular one is like now, lol)
    With the turbo on i would say it comes as close as you can get to an 8000. The BIG difference would be the cfm. The 8K has much more flow vs pressure.
    The tip is nice though. You should be happy with it. Not sure how much, cant be too much though.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Thanks Acute. The only thing I still don't get is how it attaches? The other pieces have that little nub on one end and a slot on the other and you twist them together...........well, you guys know what I'm talking about.
    But at the very end of the tube there is nothing there like that.

5. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

all you are doing is changing the noozle just twist the large one off and twist the smaller one on price is 7.00 to 9.00 dollars the difference is the air is more controlable worth the few dollars.

6. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Can you post a pic? I have seen the " silencer " extension, on other Redmax models. My 7001 is just a straight tube.

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Ooooohhh! I thought it was an extension that went on the end, making it longer. I didn't realize it "replaced" the end piece.
    I'll check with my local dealer. Thanks!

8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

All redmax's are straight tubed. Think of the force created by the air leaving the end of the tube. If you put a curve there it would create a "reaction" and would make the whole tube push away from the bend. I.E. For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. 8 Gazillion CFM's will create a lot of reaction. :)