Redmax eb7001 vs. ebz7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Feb 22, 2007.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Is there any real differences between the eb7001 and the ebz7001. I want to get either of the two soon. i know the non strato does eat up gas more than the strato but will the strato be efficient and not have problems? The original blower has proven itself so should I stick with that one? Or should I get the new ebz? The reason for concern is that it is a "new" blower and hasen't really been around long for review. Does anyone have the new ebz and can share opinions on it? Suggestions and advice are appreciated on either blower.
    Thanks

2. walkerowner06

walkerowner06 LawnSite Member

the only difference between the ebz7001 and the eb7001 is the ebz7001 has a slightly larger engine and it is stratocharged. as far as power goes they are the same. I think they are both very good blowers but if i had to choose one it would be the eb7001 because it is the proven model. i used to have a eb7001 and it was a very good blower. it is not very heavy so it won't hurt your back and it has a lot of power. if you buy one you will not be disappointed.

3. S man

Thanks. anyone else?

4. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

I had this same question 2 weeks ago.. I chose to stick with another EB 7001 instead of the newer EBZ model for the same reason stated above.. the EB is great, I don't like to be a guinee pig.

Also, I heard from another LCO that he felt the EBZ had less power than the EB model.. although I believe they should be about equal in that catagory.

Not opposed to the EBZ at all.. but I got the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality. :)

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I like redmaxs non strato way better than the new stratocharged things. I have their non-strato edger and the eb7001 and really like these units. I also have the stratocharged 2600 trimmers and the 2500 hedge trimmers and do not care for these much. As a matter of fact i'm changing over to Stihl 4mixes. I would get the eb7001. Mine has been great.

6. raiderlandscaping725

raiderlandscaping725 LawnSite Member

I used the eb and it has never given me any problems and am very happy with it

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I too an not crazy about the 2600... it's just OK.

But with the blowers.... my suggestion is to go EBZ.

The engines make more power, run crisper, run cleaner and more efficient.
    No big deal on trimmer engines I guess... but on the big blower engines...
    Just the fuel savings alone is worth the price difference.

Power-wise... don't fool yourself... there is a difference between the two.
    The EBZ 7001 is going to be stronger....

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I dont think there will be any problems with the ebz7001......redmax has been doing strato charged engines for a while. It should be alot better on fuel........the eb7001 is a real pig on fuel.....but turns out alot of work too

wayne

9. S man

I agree. Stihl makes better trimmer units while the eb7001 remains best.