Redmax Eb7001 vs. Ebz7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Mar 31, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Is there really a difference between the strato and non strato besides less fuel consumption?? Does the ebz run better, have more power? I might want to get another blower soon and the eb7001 in only still available on mowpart for $429. The ebz7001 at the local dealer is $500. Which should I get?

2. R.L. Hale Landscaping LLC

R.L. Hale Landscaping LLC LawnSite Member

i use redmax ebz8000's and they are great. i recently bought 2 husky 180bt's which is a rebranded 8000 and they have great power. i paid 529 for the husky... i have used less powerful models but then upgraded everything to the more powerful ones. once you have the power you cant imagine how you went without it

3. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i like the eb model better. the ebz is the strato charged new and improved (epa) model. my eb7001 has made it 2 years, almost daily use, with very few problems.

4. S man

My eb7001 hasen't had any problems in a year of use. Sometimes it did surge and reved up and down but other than that it's been great.

5. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

The EBZ has more power, 809cfm (585 at pipe) to 742 cfm (not sure what at the pipe). Picked one up last week for $449.00

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

IT wouldnt take long to re-coop the price in fuel....the 7001 is a gas pig for sure....still love that blower though

wayne

7. S man

So should I get the ebz???

8. thegreensideup

thegreensideup LawnSite Member
    from SE PA

If it helps, the EBZ is in the 2008 catelog, the EB is not.

9. S man

I know but I can still get the eb version.

10. S man

Need to know soon. I might go with the ebz if it's better on gas.