1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax EB8000 twin cylinder blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Albemarle Lawn, May 16, 2004.

1. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone seen one yet? A local dealer said the distributor came by with one the other day.

I heard it is supposed to be 80cc, with about 8-9 Horsepower. If that's true, wow! Plus it will be smoother with less power pulse than a one cylinder.
  2. 4734

4734 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I would like to see that thing. Can you get a backpack blower too big? Anyone know how much it weighs?

The horsepower wars are still going strong and I love it.

Now, if only the gas prices would drop as fast as they went up.
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

When will it be avail.??????????? I was going to pick up a 7001 but if it's coming soon I'll Wait!
  4. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

My dealer said it should be available in fall. Price is around $600!!!
  5. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Man thats gonna weigh a ton. Might as well strap a 21inch mower to your back for the summer to get ready for it.
  6. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Does the blower come with a pull along trailer for the 6 gallons of gas it will burn per hour!?! :)

More power, more power, more power...you can never have too much!
  7. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah the eb7000 of mine sucks fuel like there is no tomorrow, the eb7001 strato was not out when I got mine WAAAAAAAAAA
  8. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

ive seen the engine its a freaking MONSTER! redmax, komotsu, and zenoh are all the same company. the engine for the eb-8000 is basically a two cylinder giant scale airplane engine, because the zenoh brand makes model airplane engines. that thing is going to be like a little wonder strapped to your back. you better tether yourself to the trailor to use it!
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I was wanting a new Redmax EB7001 this year and a push blower for cleanups and keep my Kawasaki 46cc blower I have now. But, that 8000 Redmax looks like it may just replace a push blower and EB7001!!! If it’s only in the $600 range that’s not too bad if it would replace a push blower too. Well, a push blower would be nice on more level yards where it’s easy to push and the yard is bigger. We’ll see! Hope the 8000 comes out! I’m not the type to trade off every year or two so when I buy one it’s to keep for a while. That would be awesome power, man.
  10. themowerman

themowerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Sorry to diappoint everyone but the new EB8000 is NOT a twin cylinder.