Redmax ebz4800 blower-how many cfm 680 or 458?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by orflanch, May 4, 2005.

1. orflanch

orflanch LawnSite Member

I just bought a new redmax ebz4800 blower. The dealer said it puts out 680 cfm but when I got home and looked at the owners manual it said 458 cfm. Thats less than the blower I have now! When I asked the dealer whats up he said he got the info from the redmax website. Well the redmax website no longer lists the ebz4800 since they don't make it anymore. I checked some online dealers and some say 458 and some say 680. If anyone has any info about this I'd appreciate it.

Thomas Landscaping
    N.E. Fla

2. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

680 cfm for the 4800 redmax blower.

3. orflanch

orflanch LawnSite Member

It has a silencer on the tube. I wonder if I take it off it will increase the cfm?

4. orflanch

orflanch LawnSite Member

Maybe 680 at the housing, not the tube end?
    The 7001 also has 680 cfm? Something ain't right here.

5. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

680 is without tubes, 460 is at the end of the tubes, i'm really not thinking that removing the silencer is going to make a difference, try it and see what you think though

6. orflanch

orflanch LawnSite Member

Sounds like false advertising when a dealer says 680 cfm when he knows that we think he means at the tube end. Who the hell cares about the housing cfm?

7. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The large print giveth, the small print taketh away. Some manufacturers give the CFM from the end of the tube and others use the end of the volute housing. It's up to us to decipher which.

Oldtimer

8. Mowmoregrass

Mowmoregrass LawnSite Member

Owners manual is with tube, RedMax brochure is without tube. It is printed as footnote 1 in the RedMax brochure.

9. orflanch

orflanch LawnSite Member

Why do they even list the housing cfm? It means nothing. Who the hell uses a blower without the tubes? Pure misleading bullshit if you asked me.

10. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

What does the brochure say on footnote 1 with the redmax 7001. Is it 748 cfm at the end of the tube. Once again, this is only for the 7001 model not any other model.