Redmax ebz5000q throttle problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Thane, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Thane

Thane LawnSite Member

I just purchased the Redmax ebz5000q blower. In the manual it shows the throttle going from idle to 1/3 to full. I can't get mine to go past th 1/3 point.
    Any help?

2. Thane

Thane LawnSite Member

Redmax finally called me back and apparently the Q in the model number is for Quiet. They take the EBG5000 and put a limiting throttle on it to keep the revs low and the decibels to 65. For $9 and shipping I'm getting the other throttle lever and should be good to go but a little louder.
    Thane:clapping:

3. cbrose

cbrose LawnSite Member

Thane:

I picked up one of these and would also like to swap out the throttle. Did you replace only the throttle switch (and not the cable)? Is the part number from the EBZ5000?

Thanks,

cbrose

4. Thane

Thane LawnSite Member

I only replaced the throttle switch, works great now but not as quiet. I think your right on the part # but ask the shop your working with.

Thane

5. cbrose

cbrose LawnSite Member

Thanks. I really like the blower but I want the ability to have that little extra power when I need it and I think the alternative switch will help.

cbrose

6. RedMax - KZA

RedMax - KZA LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

It is not actually a switch, it is the lever that you move to change the speed.