Redmax ebz6500 reviews?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by crevinalandscapingllc, Mar 24, 2013.

1. crevinalandscapingllc

crevinalandscapingllc LawnSite Member

Hey guys well just got rid of my 2 eb7001s which were great back packs but I needed an update. I bought a brand new ebz8500 last year for clean ups and love that machine. But right now spending 520 on a blower isn't really an option or I don't really need a big blower like that for in season. So has anyone tried the 6500 how much power does it have for in season use or clean ups? Any thoughts?

2. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I think we have a 7500 and its great, plenty if power and light. But considering the power of the 7500, I think you could get by with the 6500. I suggest getting the 7500 since its inbetween, it's good for both in season and fall cleanups
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The Husky 560 is the same machine as the RM 6500, but has a much better shoulder harness system on it. I have a Husky 570 and it is so close to the 580/8500 in real world performance that you will have a hard time telling which is which when running in heavy leaves.
    Both the 6500/560 and the new Stihl BR430 would be excellent in seson blowers. The 430 actually has a RM 2 stroke strato engine in it.

Also, the Husky 150BT they sell at Lowe's as well as Husky dealers for $299 would be a great choice for in season and even leaf use. They are about equal to the others in perfomance. I'm actually thinking about getting one for this season's daily use.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have the bt150 and its fine for daily use. its also a bargin

5. crevinalandscapingllc

So what do you guys think the lowest redmax model will be like? I had the 150bt and didn't like it very mch
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

I always buy the biggest blower that I can afford
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. crevinalandscapingllc

Thats what Im thinking about doing my local dealer has the ebz7500 for 450 right now so I think Im going to go with that

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

That's a pretty good price on a very good blower. I love my 570 Husky (same exact machine, but better shoulder harness).

9. crevinalandscapingllc

Yeah I don't have any known husky dealers around here I went through lowes when I had my 150bt and trimmer. On ebay I found the ebz7500s new for around 450 with shipping
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan