Redmax EBZ7001

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

Anyone here own a Redmax EB7001? I am going to be buying one and would like to know if it's powerful and does a good job cleaning up leaves, sand and other spring and fall clean up debris.
  2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

7001 good 8000 better....
  3. s and s mowing

s and s mowing LawnSite Member
    from ky

I Have One As Well,very Nice.will Do Everything You Need.
  4. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

You will LOVE IT! Great power. Go to your dealer, he should have one you can demo there. Also the 8000 blower is out now. It has 25% more cfm. It's unbelievable. Both are a great buy.
  5. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone think there is a big difference in the EB7001 and EBZ7001 models?

I assume the EBZ is the newer strato-charged.. and costs a little more.

I have always been pleased with the EB7001 models.. just curious if anyone has experience with both.

Thanks.. hate to dig up an old thread but it came up in the search.
  6. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

There's an EBZ7001 now? I have a EB7001 and couldn't imagine needing anymore power out of a backpack than it gives...I love it, especially in the fall! I love my Red Max equipment!:usflag:
  7. lawntimenosee

lawntimenosee LawnSite Senior Member

Yea I totally agree.. I have been very pleased with all the redmax equipment I have owned over the years.

I was looking at ordering eb7001 from mowparts and I saw the 2 different models (didn't know about the ebz until then) It's a $30 difference so it's not much, but I always buy hands on from my local dealer.. just like to know I got the most for my $$ :) and it's hard to pass up a good deal.

Others keep telling me to get the ebz8001 instead but I think it's too heavy for normal GA spring/summertime use.
    I will probably grab one of those next fall though.. great for leaves.
  8. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

I agree i get plenty of power out of my EB7001. I couldn't justify 5 more pounds on my back for 100 or so more CFM.
  9. Jeds_Lawn_Care

Jeds_Lawn_Care LawnSite Senior Member

My Eb7001 has served me well. I bought it used so I have had to replace a few things on it, but when the sucker is

I recomend gaining 10 pounds before using one....Unless you enjoy being knocked on your back.....:)
  10. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

That was the best blower on the market a few years ago. 8001 is top of the line now for red max. You'll find that the 7001 will handle anything you need it too. Good choice