Redmax EBZ8000 Blower??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jimmy Williams, May 26, 2007.

1. Jimmy Williams

Jimmy Williams LawnSite Member

We are running the EBZ7001's now and love them, thinking about adding one of the new 8000's this fall for leaf removal. Any of you guys running these? Tks

2. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, i have one, and i love it. I would highly recommend it to anyone, it has a ton of power, and is reliable.

3. kevin11946ny

kevin11946ny LawnSite Member

i have the 8001 and its great, its a little heavy, not good for blowing little shi..t,,,but for cleanups youlll love it.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

We run two this thing has the power blows my old shin 630 away.

5. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

I have a EBZ8000 and a EBZ 8001 Redmax, Id go with the 8001, Redmax fixed a few of the 8000's minor bugs, while addressing issues with the frame design and some parts breaking on the old 8000, along with choke control issues. The EBZ 8000\ 8001 puts out awesome power and is very dependable. On the bigger props I do, where leaf clean-up is a like fighting a bear, the Redmax 8000/8001 serve us well on heavy fall cleanups. The 8000 \8001 leaves my Echo 650, 751 and 755 behind, in terms of raw power. For day in day out usage the Echo’s are a reliable and powerful unit, and a much more comfortable unit. For heavy fall cleanups, the Redmax 8000\8001 is hard to beat.

6. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

The throttle control handles break easily. We had one with a warped crank which Redmax covered under warrant for us. I actually prefer the 7001's for anything but wet leaves on a day-to-day basis,

7. leeslawncare

leeslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I got a old 6200 that i use during the mowing gutter season. We got a 8001 last fall for leaves. That ***** rocks! I don't care what all the stiel guys say: It is one awsome piece.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yes... go the 8001 route.

No bugs, more comfortable, lots of raw power.

I got some of the first ones off the assembly line.
    Made September 2006, placed in service October 2006.

I have one on my personal truck now, and have now taken the other backpacks off. I find that anything worth mounting up a backpack for... I reach for the 8001 every time anyways, and it works every time. So I was hauling dead weight.

9. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 8000 for my use and just bought (5-25-2007) a BR600 for my wife. The Redmax is a monster and I really haven't found anything that stops it. I did have a frame issue as some guys did and they warrantied it. The 2 year commercial warranty was nice. Mine just expired and I used it (that never happens in my favor.
    I don't know about the Stihl yet but bought it because it is light and really quiet. It seems like there are many good things about it.
    I don't think you will be disappointed in the Redmax but you can't weigh less than 150lbs because it will spin you around and make you tired. I don't have that lack of ballast problem.:weightlifter:

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had small problems but they have the bugs worked out,in the morning no choke half a pull it fires every time.