1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Redmax EBZ8000 Owners Click here...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookie03, Apr 2, 2005.

  1. rookie03

    rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK
    Posts: 184

    Redmax EBZ8000 Owners

    Anyone having problems with their Redmax blower? I'm having an electrical shock on the left hand throttle lever. Anyone else have this happen?
  2. gocards

    gocards LawnSite Member
    Posts: 151

    I am having the same problem. How long have you had yours? I just bought mine two days ago and it's shocking my thumb constantly.
  3. jim dailey

    jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 614

    I have had 2 for a year, and not a single things wrong with either one of them. Best b.p. blowers I have ever owned.
  4. Mowingman

    Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas
    Posts: 4,664

    I had this happen on my 7001 when I first bought it. Others have had the same thing happen. It is said, that static electricity is the cause. I noticed that mine did it more in cold or very cool weather. Have not had that happen on mine for about a year now, so I am not sure why it qiute shocking me. :)
  5. Psych-O

    Psych-O LawnSite Member
    Posts: 53

    I have a 7001 model that has done the same thing a few times since I bought it about 5 months ago. Lately mine has been sputtering at full throttle. Brought it back to my dealer and they said it was a loose connection in the wiring. I thought he fixed it but it's still doing it. I guess it'll go back Monday. :cry:
  6. NoWalk4Me

    NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member
    Posts: 107

    Bought one soon after release and used it all thru last falls cleanup. Just started cutting again and so far no shock except the amount of leaves that thing moves!
  7. Gilla Gorilla

    Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 923

    My 7001 does the same thing. I think that it happens more when there is a lot of humidity or moisture in the air. I keep meaning to take a strip of electrical tape around the shut off button or just put some caulk overtop of the wires to the button because that seems to be causing the shock for me.
  8. Fivestar

    Fivestar LawnSite Member
    Posts: 50

    My 7000 Redmax shocks me too but i like a little charge now and again. :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh:
  9. USM Lawns

    USM Lawns LawnSite Member
    Posts: 20

    I have a new 8000 and the only shock to me is the freakin weight and the huge gas consumption!

    Tons of power though..
  10. Evan528

    Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,144

    My 7001's shock me in dusty dry conditions.....the new 8001 hasnr done so yet.

Share This Page