Redmax EBZ8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, Jun 13, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

That blower looks liike a beast, but I am just wandering is the 25lbs. ballanced right for all day use? I am used to my shindawias and they only run about 19lbs. Is the extra weight offset by the extra power? I am really looking to get one this fall if they don't feel like lead after about 8hrs of use.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I would buy another one in a heartbeat. They are super strong and nothing compares to them.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

I like mine. Very powerful.

4. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I purchased one about three weeks ago. There is no question about the power, that said I would'nt use it for everyday use. I would find an alternative blower with adequate power for your application. I use mine for our commercial accounts, for those I need it, they have large parking lots and long sidewalks. I blow through them in no time. For my residential accounts I have a echo handhelds and I plan on buying two smaller back pack blowers that will be light, with good CFM's. I really bought the 8000 for cleanups, leaves etc... for that I am very happy with it.

O'Donnell Landscaping

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We bought 3 last October...enough said, they are amazing IMO...

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Plenty of power but to heavy for everyday use. We have Echo 650 and nobody in the crews want to take these units in/out of the trailer 25 times a day. Buy a big WB for major blowing jobs like leaves and parking lots. We got a 13HP Billygoat and it will blow more than two of the big backpacks. I met the Redmax salesrep last saturday and expressed my opinion on the weight and he said that the 7000 was their big seller. And they know they need to keep the units below 20 pounds.

7. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I AIN'T BUYING IT !!

The next time I see a guy grab a handheld over the 8000, I'll know I'm halucinating! Every swingin'...errr, man I can imagine wants the baddest gear he can get. In blowers, that's the 8000. And I ain't buying any notion that a difference of 5 lbs. is going to stop anyone from choosing the 8 over some low performer! Nope; ain't happening! It isn't even noticeable.

8000s are well balanced and you'll finish quicker than with anything else, including a clumsy-azz push-and-try-to-manhandle-it parking lot use only blower.

Buy one, or at least try one.

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Anyone Who Tells you the 8000 is Too Heavy is Either a Girl or a Limp Wrister.

The 8000 Cuts Hard Surface Blowing in Half over the Weak Stihl 420's....I Had to Use a BR400 Today Because an 8000 was Slightly Incapacitated...It was Like Going Back to the Stone Age.

9. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

nothing more time consuming than having to reach for a BP blower when you can easily grab the handheld...I want the redmax 8000 for big jobs and it has its place in one's toolbox...I had to blow off a driveway and sidewalk the other day several times at different times for different reasons--you think I grabbed a BP? The Stihl BG 85C is THE BEST handheld right now on the market--I absolutely love it...I did have that cheesy Echo handheld with no power...it is a beast of a handheld, outblowing many BPs...

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Every so often I agree with fareway. This time I do. Go grab a pencil and take an office job if equipment is to much to handle.

Time is money. There is no handheld or smaller backpack blower going to even come close to being as quick and effecient as the 7001 and 8000 Redmax blowers (add 650&750 echo as quick also). It may be easier to get a smaller blower on your back and easier to use the handheld sometimes, but you are using them 2-5 times longer. That takes money out of your pocket daily.