Redmax EBZ8500 follow up/review

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by jwsland, Dec 3, 2011.

1. KPZ Enterprises

KPZ Enterprises LawnSite Senior Member

haha go figure, i bought one and four tanks of gas latter the dam thing wasnt workn, sent it back and waiting for the new unit from redmax. lets all hope they have the problem fixed, havnt had any other probloms with blowers/trimmers from them tho...
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I was out with my Husky 580 today running it hard pushing some leaves back to a compost pile and started smelling some nasty smelling smoke, and then my eyes started burning. I'm, not now, I gotta finish this cleanup...I've got a huge pile of heavy wet leaves, it's getting dark and I'm gonna be working by street light as it is. Then I noticed the black smoke billowing out....of the chimney for the house next door, lol.

As a side note: I hadn't run my Shindaiwa EB630 all fall but did today because I was doing some detail work where brute force wasn't really necessary. Then I fired up the Husky to do the heavy blowing. There is a HUGE difference between the 2 units...I used to think my Shin was it seems like a total wimp.
  3. khopper

khopper LawnSite Member

have two of the 8500 had them for a month they work really well you just have to make sure you keep the cage clean of leaves also we run plus gas in ours seems to help all the two cycle equipment
  4. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a 8500 last friday and saturday it was stolen...... wish i had it long enough to blow it up.....
  5. Darryl G

I chain my 580 to the bed of my truck any time my eyes are on it. That totally sucks that you lost it at all, but loosing it so quickly sucks double.
  6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Charlestown, RI

I upgraded and put everything on kryptonite cables heavy master locks!
  7. Darryl G

Oops...I meant whenever my eyes aren't on it.
  8. z71tiger

z71tiger LawnSite Senior Member

I guess the only good thing was they left the old echo 750 that was sitting beside it so I could finish my day
    Posted via Mobile Device