1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax, Echo, or Stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curry, Mar 8, 2002.

1. curry

curry LawnSite Member

Im going to purchase a new hedge trimmer and have narrowed it down to the Redmax CHTZ2500, Echo HC 1600, and the Stihl HS 45. All of these have a 24" double-sided blade. These are my only options due to dealer availability. If anyone has experience with any of these I would like to hear what yall think before I purchase.
  2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have owned an Echo in the past and it didn't hold up very well. Bought a Redmax last year and found it's 10X better than than the Echo was. The Redmax has a much higher blade speed and cuts alot cleaner. I've had bad luck with Stihl products and would never recommend them.:) ;) :) ED
  3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax CHTZ2500!!! nothing will compare.

they are excellent! and you can't beat the strato-charged.

4. hollywood

hollywood LawnSite Member

purchased a Stihl HS 80 last year. it runs great and the rotating handle makes it much easier on the wrists if you run them for any amount of time. dont know exactly what the setup on the HS 45 is, but go for the Stihl.
  5. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I have the Redmax CHT2200 and I LOVE THEM!

I have not had the other two brands you mentioned so I can't compair them but I can say that the Redmax trimmers have been great in every way! :D
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the HS80 Stihl trimmers also. They are very powerful. The rotating handle is awesome. Makes working on details very easy. The only thing Redmax I have is a blower. It a good product.

My opinion is you can never go wrong with Stihl or Redmax. Get the dealer to let you crank them both up and see what you think.
  7. BigJim

BigJim LawnSite Senior Member

I've just got rid of my Echo,everything that could fall off it did and it was cranky to start if you didn't use it often.I dont think their up to being a commercial trimmer:(
  8. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

Go with Stihl. The trimmers they build are powerful. They are very well built machines.
  9. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

I have the Echo 1600. It is a good machine, but I would recomend looking at another machine. I am a one man operation, but when I have to trim hedges I con my nephew into doing it. The Echo is very heavy for a small machine. However, it is powerful, I snapped an aluminum pipe with it.
  10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Stihl :D :D :D :D
    Johnny G. :cool: :cool: