Redmax G2500TS chainsaw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MP350, Aug 25, 2003.

1. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

Anybody ever try Redmax chainsaws, right now I've been using a Sthil 20t saw lots of power cost about $500 new but I can only get one years use out of them, never used redmax only heard about them on this site.

2. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

All I hear is that redmax is awesome so i bet there chainsaws are swell also but ... why what happens to the sthils i have ran my fathers 026 who had it for 5 years and now its mine to cut firewood in the winter, it starts 2nd pull EVERY time there no reason that these sthils should be disposable.

3. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

The sthil 20t is a tree climbers saw lots of power but they get hot muffler cracks then about a month later blow up. I love this little saw I also have 2 other saws 038 & 084 wich are old but run great , not bashing sthil just wish this saw would last longer, have purchased 3 20t got about 2 months before this one makes 1 year

4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax dosn't have a good reputation for making saws where I live and the conditions here are pretty tuff (All the loppers where I live are running Huskys) . I have a 20t and love it for climbing too but Husqvarna make the best saws for sure.
    At the moment I am running a 20t for up work and a Husky 55 and 395xp for ground work. What are you going to be doing with your saw, Light trimming, lopping, felling?
    The husky 55 is a great allrounder.
    If you want a real mans saw get a Huskvarna 395XP. It is one mean mother of a saw.
    What ever your decision is get a tungsten carbide tip chain for it.
    You wont have to sharpen nearly as often. Its just hard forking out money for a chain that in some cases is more expencive than the saw its self:dizzy:

5. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Check into a Solo? or an ECHO 3400

6. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I will be using the saw mainly in the tree, it's great to use one handed, straped in. Tried husky saws did'nt like the bar and chain (cheap) saw ran great dealer was a pain also 35 miles away, tried an echo for light ground saw no power. Thanks for the imput. My most used saws are the 20t &029 farm boss, ran a bigger husky lasted about 3 years and it did rip .

7. ow man

ow man LawnSite Member

Hey MP350, Redmax builds great saws, the dealers in Missouri and Illinois are selling that 2500 for about $360 but the price on Redmax saws here in the midwest has gone down. Check out the G-310 sells for $200 bucks! and its a bucket trim saw.

8. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

:( The Z states that you shall not use saws one handed.

Check into the ECHO 3400. It's a descent saw for the money, and won't put as much of a hurting on your bank account as a new 200T If you really want to, send it out to have it hopped up.