Redmax HBZ2600

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Grass, Apr 21, 2005.

1. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I bought my wife the hand held redmax yesterday and we returned it today. You had to hold it this way, and that way and wait for it to warm up 3 minutes before it would even run without cutting off. Has this happened to any of you? The good news is that she tried the 7001 on, and can handle it! We will get her that one next week, once some more $$$ come in.

2. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the HB2600 for the last year or two (?) and have been pleased with it. It is a little cold natured at first, however it starts in 3 pull always. I wonder if your's just needed an adjustment? Good luck with your 7001 (I also have one) and it has been great. I do like the handheld for quick residental patio's and such.

3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

David, did your dealer prep that blower?

New Redmax tools need to be run for a while with the correct mix before they run right. It may simply still have air in the fuel supply system, but, congrats on the soon to be yours 7001 !

4. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Hey David, that's almost a sacreligious comment to make the almighty Redmax power equipment. What's funny is that I agree with you!! Stihl products are very hard to beat. Alright all you Redmax guy's start launching those arrows at us :D

5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

eerrrr, k&l, maybe you wanta e-read the man's post - he's trading it back in for *another*, but *more expensive* Redmax !!!!

Even The Mighy Red will need dealer prepping ! ... sometimes, any way ! LOL

6. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Oooops :blush: I didn't mention earlier that I have a EBZ8000. Redmax is good but dealer in support IMO sucks where I am.

7. Mower Man

Mower Man LawnSite Member

Emissions have been a troublesome point for many companies. Still are, and some are meeting regs, but sacrificing performance.

Most all newer engines will require a warm up peroid.
    The better ones with higer EDP ratings may require even a longer warm up especially when brand new as they're 'tighter' and need to break in.

Not knocking....just reporting facts.

Stihl BG85 isn't a "A" or "Extended", or 300 hour EDP rated engine, and will consume more fuel than some of it's peers.

8. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I am just used to the one or two pulls and it is running. So maybe in the future, that will be called "the good old days"? lol

9. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

The Redmax machines do tend to be a little cold-natured when first started. I always tell our customers to play with the choke a little when you first start one of the Redmax machines. It takes maybe 30seconds to a minute for them to get going good. Also, the blowers seem to run much better, and blow a lot harder, after they get several hours of use on them. There is kind of a breakin period where they have to get "loosened up". Then they really blow the competition away.
    If Redmax really got agressive with marketing and advertising, I believe they could easily top Echo in sales nationwide. Echo has really slipped around here, and Stihl is not way out ahead like they used to be.

10. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Really? I have had great dealings with Asheville farm equip. on riverside.