RedMax line trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RedWolf, Oct 16, 2006.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Hey Do you guys know if RedMax is still useing motors that take that oddball RZ7C Champion spark plug? My trimmer takes it and no one has them, not even napa.The only dealer open on sat is a sh** hole i used to work at and the plug he gave me dont work. Its shorter than the one that goes in it.It takes 5 pulls for the old girl to fire up and then shes got no power.

2. RyDawg3

RyDawg3 LawnSite Member

is it strato charge engine or not

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

NGK PBM8Y or Champion CJ8Y will probably work.

4. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

What redmax trimmer are you running.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It should depend on what model trimmer you have. Most all of the strato units are running NGK plugs.

6. SnapperfanRedmaxman

SnapperfanRedmaxman LawnSite Member

Also check for a clogged spark arestor screen in the muffler.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Well I got her running great after I gave her a good tune up but now I was trimming at my house and I heard the sound the drives fear into all of us.The gears let go. I grease the thing when i need to and the trimmer head craps after only a year.What kind of crap are they using for gears.I should have bought a echo instead of that damn redmax.I love there blowers but to me there trimmers F.S.B

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Good decision regarding going with Echo.....I haven't had a gearbox go out in those over many many years. Funny though I figured those gearboxes were all made by the same company for all the various companies. Go get a used gearbox from dealer scap bin....I get them for around $30 so if I ever need one.

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

the dealer here didnt have one so im sh*t out of luck there.how much is the old srm 210`s going for now a days?

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I don't see where you have any problem. You have a 2 year warranty from the factory on that machine. Just take it in and let the dealer replace the trimmer head free of charge.