1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

redmax mini tiller

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kels, Oct 4, 2003.

1. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

I may be buying a mini tiller soon. currently I own all redmax hand helds and would like to stick to them, so a few questions.

does redmax still make a mini tiller?
    does anybody have one? if so,
    how do you like it?
  2. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Yes, Red Max does make a mini tiller. It uses a Red Max engine and the Mantis frame. It retails for about $329.99. The engine used is a 25.4 cc commercial quality engine. It weighs about the same as the competition and stilll has all the Red Max quality that you know. Good luck.
  3. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Hey, Kels, just saw your PM, I'll just reply here.

Redmax model CV225 has engine G24LS, a 22.5 cubic inches engine, according to the Redmax catalog I have dated Jan. 3, 2003.

I saw one in the dealer showroom, and it looked to me like the Mantis / Echo from the quick look I had at it. I have no experience with any of them.

Seems like the Mantis may have the warranty advantage over the others, if I remember correctly. The Mantis is 2 years, with the 'blades'
    having a lifetime (!) warranty.

Mantis offers no details on the engine, size or whatever.
  4. kels

kels LawnSite Senior Member

Tider6972 thanks for your reply, I got the same catalog today, I believe that is a misprint, cubic inches is not cc's, according to the book 3.0 cubic inches = 49 cc which would make it about 367.5cc you could hook a sulky to it with that power, I think it is only 22.5cc.

Buba where did you get this info?