RedMax Oil?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALEX'S LANDSCAPING, Feb 3, 2012.

1. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

Today I went to my dealer to check when he will be getting his 2012 inventory
    and saw that he now sells the RedMax fully-syntethic oil that is much much cheaper than the stihl fully synthetic ULTRA-HP oil.

P.s. I will be running it in my Stihl Br600 magnum and KM110-R

What are your thoughts about this oil and how does it compare to stihl's stuff?
    Thanks guys. Any comments are welcome! ;)

2. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Bump...............

3. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

i would keep going with the Stihl cause the redmax and the husky oil gums up

4. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Amsoil all the way.

5. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

I would just LOVE to go with the Amsoil oil but there are no Amsoil oil dealers around me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  6. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

You may be suprised if you do a search on their website for dealers near you. I know I was. There are a lot of private individuals that are dealers right near me. Fortunately, I found an auto supply dealer close to me that carries Amsoil, and I stocked up. It is waaaayyy cheaper the HP Ultra.

7. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

Just 3 questions.

About how much cheaper is the Amsoil over the Stihl stuff?
    What is the Amsoil website?
    How do I mix the Amsoil?
    Thanks alot Thumbs Up

8. orangemower

from pa

I would look around. Auto parts stores may have it, or maybe you can order online and get some.

9. orangemower

from pa

Alex, you mix it with gas. LOL j/k

I mix it at 80:1 and use 89 octane.

10. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

There was a thread here a while back in which I posted all the numbers, and how they break down mixing both at 50:1, and then mixing Amsoil at 80:1, and 100:1. This was for Amsoil Saber. I paid about $10.50 per quart (32 oz)for it. Stihl HP Ultra is about $23 for a 6 pack of 6.4 oz bottles (total of 38.4 oz), so even mixing both at 50:1, the Amsoil is a lot cheaper, and at 80:1 (which is where I run it mixed with 93 octane), it is even more of a difference.

Stihl HP Ultra 6 pack of 6.4 oz bottles @ $23 makes 15 gallons at 50:1 (each 6.4 oz bottle makes 2.5 gallons, so 2.5X6=15 gallons of mixed fuel).

Amsoil Saber quart @ $10.50 makes 15 gallons at 50:1, and at 80:1 makes 20 gallons (8 oz of Saber mixed at 80:1 makes 5 gallons. 8X4=32 oz, or one quart = 20 gallons of mixed fuel).

This is the home page-
    http://www.amsoil.com/

And this is the page you want to look at for Saber, which is what you want for your application-
    http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atp.aspx