Redmax or Shindaiwa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Axl, May 26, 2005.

1. Axl

Axl LawnSite Member

I am trying top decide between trimmers. Redmax 2400 series or Shindaiwa T231. Opinions please.

2. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

i have both redmax and shindaiwa equipment i say you can't go wrong with either, its just which one u like better.
    alex
    don't mind my spelling

3. HK45Mark23

HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member

They are both in the top of the line. Go on line and get the specs.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Personally, I'd go with the Red Max. I have a Red Max BCZ2600S trimmer and I love it!!! It has a lot of power and torque and is very reliable. I have also heard good things about Shindaiwa. My vote is for Red Max!

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

the t231 is not the best shindaiwa trimmer. I would get at least a t261 or buy the redmax. I have had troubles with starting on the t231. the t261 starts the first pull everytime.

6. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't used that specific Redmax trimmer, But I have used others and been pleased.

I've also used the 230/231 Shin's before and I think they're pretty feeble..Nothing like the old t-270.. Or even the old model c-25.. Oops, going a little too far back in memory lane there.. :D

7. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

Less vibration with the Red Max trimmer. I have both the 2400 and the 2600.

8. Cobra Jock

Cobra Jock LawnSite Member

You left out a lot of information that would be helpful, like what type of lawns you mow and how many. If you're a part time solo guy either brand would be fine. I would go with the dealer that will support what he sells. I personnally would buy the Shindaiwa. We have Stihls and Redmax at work. I know Stihl isn't one of your choices, but they are significantly better than Redmax in my opinion. We run our trimmers all day long with little windshield time and the Stihls just keep going. We definitely can't say tht about our 5 2600 Series Redmaxs.

Greg

9. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say Redmax.....no I don't have one....I have tried it and will end up with one pretty soon!! :)

10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

no experience with red max, but very happy with shindaiwa