1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax or Shindaiwa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Scag48, Aug 18, 2000.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

:D

Dad and I had a talk about blowers and I told him what my choices were. I said I can buy a weenee one at the dealer or pay 60 bucks more and get a top of the line one. I checked Alamia and they don't have Redmax's biggest one. But they do have the Shindaiwa EB630. Shindaiwa EB630 owners: anything wrong with this model? Is it "the best"? Any regrets? Can I use Stihl oil or should I buy oil when I go to the "Big Town"? Any info would really help guys. I'm so close to getting one.:D Thanks guys.

2. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

just my opinion but I prefer the Husqvarna 155BT. It is a great blower and is serving my business well.As far as oil, I use Havoline Tc3 works great and it comes in quarts which means more for the $

$.02

3. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

Scag,

If you're planning on being in Spokane soon, I know where you can pick up a Shindaiwa EB500 for around 300 bucks. The Saw Clinic on North Market street had a couple on sale last time I was in there. I have a EB500, it works okay. But not as much power as the bigger Shindy.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have a Redmax 6200 blower,its awsome. Until it fell off my trailer(see other thread)2 days ago, I also had a Shindaiwa EB630. It's also awsome. Their both very powerful and you'd be pleased with either one!

5. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Redmax. I can't say enough good things about it. And the only BP I know of that's lighter is that new Echo 260L. Mine will push a brick on the sidewalk. Don't know muchabout Shindaiwa; the dealer here is a @#$%! Don't think you can go wrong either way though.

6. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I have redmax eb6200 and a stihl br400(garbage). The redmax is just plain awsome!!! I don't like shindawia that much. I not crazy over the trimmers and stuff, i never used oneof the blowers though. I definitly go with the REDMAX! As for oil I use NO SMOKE 2 STROKE.

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have Shindaiwa EB630 and a Stihl BR400. i think the Shindaiwa has a little more ass, but the Stihl is far from garbage :rolleyes: .

Alamia did have the Redmax, I don't know what happened there :confused: