redmax or shindaiwa??????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apluslawn, May 5, 2004.

1. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

I am going to buy a trimmer this weekend and am wondering which one I should buy I have had bad luck with echo and so they are out of the question and I dont like my stihl dealer so I am deciding between redmax and shindaiwa I have a shindaiwa blower ,eb 630 and have had good luck withit but I dont know what models to look at for their trimmers and is the redmax bcz2600 a good choice I am going to spend about 300$$ and I just want tomake a good choice thanks for your help,Mark

2. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

aplus-I've had both over the years and had better luck with the Shindaiwa. I still have a T-250 I bought back in 1996. RedMax have been OK, but nothing special.

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I love red max. never had a shin., but I have nothing but good things to say about my red max. all the way from the motor to the head, I recently mounted the redmax head on my echo cuz its so much easier!

4. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

I just need to know if I buy a shin what model to look at and is redmax agood trimmer I know their blowers are good but what about the trimmers, thanks a lot for your time,mark

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

I would get a T-230 If I was just going to spend 300.00. (250.00 + tax)

6. SIRCAESAR

SIRCAESAR LawnSite Member

Hey Apluslawn, I just bought a t230 shindawa edjer a few weeks ago, Love it, its lightweight and cuts great. I plan on getting the t230 trimmer tommorow, and the shindawa 630 blower.. I hear redmax is good, but I can definetly speak for shin.

7. Advance Lawncare

Advance Lawncare LawnSite Member

love my shindaiwas

never have used a redmax trimmer as I've never wanted to look for anything else since I got the shiny trimmers

however I'm sure the redmax trimmers are nice as well

8. dklawncare

dklawncare LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa definitely the way to go....Take care of em (grease em and change the air filter) and they will last you forever....can't beat em in my opinion

9. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I have all 4 brands, Echo, Shin, Stihl, and Red Max. The Red Max and the Shin are the two best. I will buy the Shin again if one of the others break down. The Shin seems to have a bit more power.

10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a lot of shindaiwa's (maybe 20 or so). I would never buy another shin again. the older ones we have have outlasted our new ones. They don't seem to be built as well anymore. We have since switched to Redmax last year, they are only a year or so old but we've had pretty good luck with them... Just my 2 cents..