1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax or Sthil..which is better ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GoBrowns247, Apr 5, 2006.

1. GoBrowns247

GoBrowns247 LawnSite Member

I am about to by new equipment. I cant decide which brand to get. Redmax or Sthil. I am going to get 2 new trimmers, 1 blower, 1 edger, all new.Going to cost me over a thousand so I am hesitant on buying without knowing much about them. Please help. Any info would be great. Thanks. :usflag: :drinkup:
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Redmax BCZ2600s trimmers are good. As far as blowers go, Redmax EB7001 back pack blowers put out a lot of air.(though I like the older 6200's which they don't make anymore). I don't know about the edgers. just my $.02
  3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are quality equipment.We use Redmax blowers, and sthil trimmers, hedge trimmers and stick edgers.Which ever one has the best parts availability, and dealer support in your area would be the way to go IMO.
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a good commercial dealer in your area check out the new Echo equipment.

Excellent products at great prices! We have used all Echo for years and our dealer is one of the main reasons!
  5. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Both Stihl and Redmax make excellent equipment. Go with the dealer that is nearest with the best service. :usflag:
  6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

I believe the choices were Redmax, or Stihl. Echo was not mentioned. But it's nice that you are standing up for the brand. In fact "Excellent products at great prices!" sounds like it'd make a nice HD slogan.
  7. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a picture of your wife?
  8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I think she is his Customer Service Rep...........:usflag: