Redmax or Stihl BP blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mark lagasse, Nov 15, 2005.

1. mark lagasse

mark lagasse LawnSite Member

Which do you prefer?
    Mark

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Redmax here they start 1 pull they run with no downtime,i have buddies that run sthil also they love these machines.

3. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

RedMax all the way

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, this is definitely a thread where I can give an accurate opinion. I have a Stihl BR 320 and a new Red Max EB 7001. I can tell you that the Red Max is WAAAAAAYYYY more powerful, easier starting and more comfortable than the Stihl! My EB 7001 has all the power I could ever need and more, I LOVE it!!! Don't get me wrong, the Stihl is fine for smaller jobs, but when you are looking for the biggest, baddest, most powerful brand of blower out there, it's got to be a Red Max! Go with a Red Max!!!

5. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have a ebz 8000 REDMAX and LOVE it!!!!!!!:cool2:

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

redmax, i hate most stihl equipment due to the fact that you can never get them started. also the redmax will blow harder than the stihls.

7. parttimer

parttimer LawnSite Member

You cant go wrong either way , my 7001 is wounderful and im sure you will love it to.:blob3: :blob3:

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have both -the redmax 8000 is far more powerfull but my sthil br400 has run trouble free for 8 years and it was used when i bought it. my old redmax 431 is still going too but pales in comparision to the brutes you can buy today.

9. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

For backpack blowers I prefer Redmax

10. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

All ofyou are comparing the redmax 8000 to the stihl br 400! What about the 600? I tried the 8000 but vibrated too much compared to the 600. The 600 is very quiet compared to the 8000. The 600 has a more comfortable shoulder pads and backing. The 600 is lighter. The 600 is almost 100 bucks cheaper.
    Now when I compared them side by side there was no difference in blowing power. However the 600 was easier directed than the 8000, thus blowing the brick easier and more controled.
    What I did have a problem with was seeing the power for the sound of the blower. The 600 was quiet and did not seem as strong untill we had them blowing side by side. I could hear the redmax over the stihl.
    Right now My vote is for the stihl br600 compared to the comparable redmax 8000.
    to find the right blower you need to compare apples to apples. Not 8000 to 400.