RedMax or Stihl?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigjeeping, Mar 18, 2006.

1. bigjeeping

bigjeeping LawnSite Senior Member

Going out to buy 2 blowers and 1 trimmer next week.

Should I go with redmax or stihl? I've been looking at both and can't decide.

What models would you recommend?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Redmax blowers and a stihl trimmer. Redmax 7001 or 8000's and stihl FS 110 OR FS 100RX depending on what you will be using them for.

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We run redmax trimmers and blowers love these plenty of power,i have buddies that run stihl they swear by em what dealers are close,strato charged is the way.

4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I have used both, i would choose redmax had nothing but hard starting with stihl. i had a few hard starting with the strato charge now i use all tanaka.

5. ICE

ICE LawnSite Member

I use the strato charged Redmax 2400s trimmer. It is a shaft driven unit that does not vibrate nearly as much as a cable driven trimmer. I have used echos, sthils and JD's, and I can say that I love the redmax for the trimmer.

As far as a blower goes, it depends on what you are going to be using it for. If you are going to be blowing off small driveways that are smaller than 20', then I would say a handheld blower is what you want. You are not want to take 5 minutes to get a backpack blower loaded onto you and taken back off in another 5 minutes later every other property. If you are going to be blowing large props, then get yourself a backpack blower. They are alot more powerful, but also more cumbersome if you have to put them on and take them off alot. There are several good models out there.

6. Jake's Lawn Service

Jake's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

The Stihl Br 600's are great! More comfortable too.

7. Mr Budget

Mr Budget LawnSite Member

It all depends on what dealers you have around you, and what kind of support they are willing to give if something gos wrong with the item you buy.
    I have always had good luck with sthil

8. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

EXACTLY.

Both are capable brands. both are just a matter of dealer support and personal preferences.

9. pgoulding

pgoulding LawnSite Member

If you dont mind the extra pound i would go with the redmax 7001 for a blower. I just got one and has more air flow. But if you got a good Sthil dealer go for that. Either one (BR 600 or EB 7001) would be top picks in its class.

10. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Redmax ebz8000:cool2: