RedMax Paddle Broom

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FearThisDeere, Feb 28, 2007.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Seeing that spring is on it's way I need to figure out how to get all the gravel back on my 1.5 mile private gravel road. I would really like a walk behind or tractor mounted sweeper, but that won't happen this season. I have been looking at a RedMax paddle broom. Will this do the trick? Is it just an attatchment that I can put onto my trimmer? About what will it run me?
  2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm not sure if you can put a sweeper attachment on any Redmax stick product but they make two models. One has a broom wheel and the other has a paddle wheel. They're $620 at the dealer i use.
  3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Tag your it again.
    I new I would find you in this thread
  4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

For that size area, rent a walk behind unit, it will be much faster.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The rubber paddle units are nothing but awesome and work very well. But for your case? A mile and a half? I would perhaps look into renting a broom attachment for your tractor. Is there enough room on each side for your tractor?
  6. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I've used Shindaiwa's PowerBroom since 1999. I cleans gravel off of turf quite well but works best if you don't have to move the gravel too far, the gravel isn't too thick, the turf is fairly short and hasn't started any spring growth. I've cleaned gravel lanes up to ¼ mile long. 1½ miles would take quite awhile but if the amount of gravel isn't too much, could be done.

See if Red Max sells just the gearbox with paddle broom. It could fit on one of your Red Max trimmers. I bought a trimmer gearbox for my Shindaiwa PowerBroom. It's a T270 trimmer in the summer and a PowerBroom in winter and early spring.
  7. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the opinions. I'm going to look into getting one, but I think I'll just rent something for the tractor or a walk behind. It'll probably take me too long to do with a stick one. There is a good amount of gravel to the side and I am sure there will be more after tonights storm!:dizzy: