1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Redmax prices???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Apr 8, 2008.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I was at my dealer the other day and looked at the tag on a redmax bcz2601s and it was $339! My dealer said redmax really wants them to sell for $359 or more! What's up with that?? I paid $300 for a bcz2600s in 05. It's basically the same trimmer. Also edgers blowers hedge trimmers all went up! The tr2301s was $249 but now is $259. Is husky trying to make the prices high so you buy their stuff instead?
  2. S man

Bump to top.
  3. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Umm.... What hasnt gone up in price since 2005?

Gas is more expensive so higher freight costs. I think just about every manufacture has had a pice increase since then.
  4. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

yup it's all getting expensive.
  5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

My dealer is selling BCZ3000S for $369 and I know he was going to sell it to me for $329 3 months ago. I would say your price is high.

check this out. I think I can get this cheaper in the dealer. It is time to tell your dealer to take a hike and eat it.
  6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Often dealers will get a little hefty on their margins... and that will last until the item stock is not moving fast enough and they need to cash some out before too long.

My dealer was the same way on a BCZ3000... well over $400 plus tax and would not budge a penny for me, a local regular standing right there in front of him with cash on hand.

Not even a month later I stumbled across his listing on ebay... $369 or $379 "buy it now" price with no haggle.

I would have paid him that for one gladly when I was standing there wanting to buy.
    Too bad.
  7. S man

Yungman, my dealer likes it when you buy stuff from them, if I got a trimmer off the internet they wouldn't like it when I bring it in for service. Maybe I should feel them out though. I'd be saving a lot of money.
  8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Do you have another dealer?

Is that the same dealer that gave you the grief???

Drive a little farther away, trimmers don't break down that often. Call and get some quotes. Come right out and tell them that you will go to the cheaper dealer.:waving:

You are just as indecisive like me on which one to buy!!! Did you read the posts yesterday on Redmax need warm up? Sounds like all the new CARB II stuff are all very cold in nature. May be you should think Husky 326L. I always see them on sale for $269 in my dealer. I can just go in and pick one up. They still have the older engine which I have not hear anything bad about them lately. Down side is the design of the engine is such that you cannot take off the cylinder like Redmax, Echo or Shindy which are very easy if you ever need to. Cylinder is part of the crankcase so you pretty much have to take the whole engine apart to do that. But if you are not going to ever open the engine yourself, then it dosen't matter.
  9. 04TurfT

04TurfT LawnSite Senior Member

hell the 8001 is a cawk hair under 600 OTD its gettin rediculous
  10. S man

This is my best dealer who I want to buy all future equipment from. Their prices aren't always so high but all redmax stuff went up. and I do not want to buy husky. I would either get stihl or redmax for trimmers. My stihls are running good now and work great for thick grass and weeds. My dealer is getting in some tr2301s so I'm going to get one of those and have three trimmers two stihls one redmax. Then I won't need to buy any other trimmers for a few years!!