Redmax Recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greasy_gun, Apr 29, 2006.

1. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

2. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the info. Great time of year to start this crap. Why didn't they tell us February? My dealer is so lame, they will act numb when I so see um about this. I wonder how long I'd be without my unit. Jeesh :hammerhead:

hillndale

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Hmm.. same one Shindaiwa just released a few weeks ago.

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

That is because Redmax makes some of the engines used on Shindaiwa blowers.

5. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Well duhh? On the 630 series.

6. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

no matter how much mayo you add, it will still taste like chicken crapola. Such as Redmax and their junky designed equipment. The 8000 is just as much of an afterthought in design as the models that were recalled. For the prices people pay for Redmax's equipment, the stuff should be next to perfect. I think their engineers were captured right out of a large grease trap somewhere and put straight to work for ole Redmax.

7. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Now they just need to solve the 8000's problems.

8. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking the same thing, lawnmaniac. I've pretty much had it with the Redmax blowers.

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Tell me about it, the 8000 is my main blower and it really pisses me off when it acts up. You would think it is 15 friggin years old by the way it runs sometimes.

10. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Wow, I can't believe what I'm hearing. Last season everybody was praising the Redmax. Oh boy! The new 8000, best friggin' blower you can get. Thread after thread of praise for Redmax. Based on all the great reviews, I got me the 7001 for top dollar.

So this year they're out huh. So now what's the best friggin' blower? Don't tell me it's the Stihl 600:nono:

Bash on people:headphones:

hillndale