Redmax Recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IRRITECH, Nov 12, 2006.

1. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Just took a look at the redmax site and there is a recall on all 6200, 7000 and 7001 blowers due to a faulty muffler bracket. Basically says that if your bracket fails, you blow up. OUCH!!!:dizzy:

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Old news they will fix it free it is a fire hazard.

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I bought the blowers on ebay therefore have no receipts... Your local dealers asking for receipts or they just do it free of charge

The bolts holding the exhuast keep snapping and its the loudest noise you ever heard

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Blowing up would suck.

5. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Ya that was what turned me in the direction of the stihl stuff I didnt wanna mess with a recall. I aggre blowing up would suck.

6. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Hehe - hence the recall :laugh:!

I brought my 7000 and 7001's in to my dealer receiptless - Redmax picks up the tab.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

That is old news. Redmax sent letters out a while ago. I think I got mine in august or maybe even late july.

8. kenmac

kenmac LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I took my 7001 to a redmax dealer & told him I bought it on e- bay. He repaired it anyway. Redmax is paying him . Why wouldn't he do it ?

9. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

It might be old news to some, but I didn't receive a notice. On the other hand, I bought my 7001 since July, so it might not be one of the ones affected. Was there a range of serial numbers for the blowers that were part of the recall? At any rate, thanks IRRITECH for calling attention to this.

10. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

I called a local dealer and asked if there was a range of serial numbers for the blowers needing the update. He told me that they are still selling 7001s that need it :confused: :confused:, so I dropped mine off for the change. Apparently, Redmax is having a problem supplying the new mufflers, so I guess I'll have to wait a few days. Not a real problem for me, but for you LCOs who need those blowers at this time of the year, I would think it could be.