Redmax Recriprocators

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BarrFarms, May 15, 2008.

1. BarrFarms

BarrFarms LawnSite Member
    from Ne Ar

Does anybody have experience with these? I cut hillsides in town alot and have heard these wont throw rocks? What do these run? Are there any other manufacturers? I know nothin on redmax, but all we use on the farm is stihl.

Thanks,

2. I use one. They don't throw rocks, as they have 2 blades that basically turn in different directions right next to each other.. It's almost like using fast scissors to trim with..

They're expensive for their use, but they save the legs (and eyes)

3. BarrFarms

from Ne Ar

If you don't mind how many dollars do they set a person back?

Thanks,

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

RedMax is the only brand that makes this type of trimmer, they are sold primarily to Golf courses for carving bunkers and cutting weeds in ponds (their best use) I think they are about $550.00 They are a little heavy but the cutting unit is designed to be ran on the ground.

5. BarrFarms

from Ne Ar

Thank you, I plan to order one tomorrow.

6. Yeah - I paid $550 for mine, but have a good dealer.. Most dealers' prices that I've seen run about $600 or a little higher...

7. pondfishr

pondfishr LawnSite Member

Don't they make a tool that attaches to the 2400 trimmer. My dealer quoted a price of $249. I haven't had a chance to go and look at it but I need one to cut hillsides and ponds.

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Maruyama make this too:

http://www.maruyama-us.com/uploaded...port/Specification_Sheets/NMC-ATTACHMENTS.pdf

http://www.maruyama-us.com/products/type.aspx?id=130&ekmensel=c580fa7b_16_24_btnlink

:waving: