RedMax Repair Tools

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by eric56, Aug 20, 2006.

1. eric56

eric56 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where to purchase the specialized snap ring pliers (part#5500-96110) to remove the snap ring that holds the clutch drum in place and other tools required to repair RedMax line trimmers? Thank you

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Likely from a Redmax dealer?

Look for that tool to be around $60 if you go in looking to buy one at a dealer.

You might email the mowpart guys and see if they can sell you one through their Ford Tractor dealership at their cost of $36 plus shipping.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If it is like Echo most shop can get them out without a tool.....just got to know the technique.

4. eric56

eric56 LawnSite Member

Thank you so much for the quick response. I will attempt to call the mow part guy tomorrow. Will it be the same tool if it is sold through a Ford tractor dealership?

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

PSSH, take two flathead screwdrivers and pluck that sucker off. No special tool required. Trash the old one and tap on the new one with a hammer. Just saved you 50 bucks.

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

(it is listed as being a RedMax dealer) I would have to assume it is the same group of yahoos since the first part of the name is "Four Brothers" .

7. eric56

eric56 LawnSite Member

Just a quick note to tell everyone how customer focused Scott at mowpart.com is. As suggested by this forum, I called to purchase a specialized tool for RedMax trimmers. Scott was a great help and the price was better than I expected. I highly recommend Scott and the rest of the crew at mowpart.com

Eric