Redmax- right handed?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Jun 2, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was @ the redmax dealer today and noticed the eb7001 had a left handed throttle. :confused: :confused:

I thought it was supposted to have a right-handed tube throttle.

I would buy a redmax but, only if it had a right handed throttle.

Does anyone know aboot this?

2. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

You can get it either way, right or left.

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Love em!!!

Love the tube with no throttle, its easy to manuever.

Just set the L.H. Throttle wide open and blast away!!!

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Lawncare...

If you have a local Echo dealer try the PB-650..it is awesome!

I have tried them all and nothing compares to the PB-650...I am switching all of my blowers over to them ASAP!! They are VERY quiet as well for residential areas.

5. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

I believe that you can get the EB7001 either way. Red Max seems to be the choice of most scapers in our area. I was at a dealer open house and saw that the red max blew more than any blower on this blow tube thing. I like it because it is about 3lbs less than echo and has a super large air filter. I heard that red max builds a unit for Schindiawa and some trimmers for Shil. I also like that it has a 2 year warranty. Demo one and you will see what we mean.

6. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Blow tube thing?? Sounds kinda kinky.....I prefer to know that my blowers can perform well in heavy wet grass and wet leaves and the Echo PB-650 does just that..

The Echo does not weigh 3 lbs more than the Redmax...put them on a scale..and....

Echo has a true, full 2 year commercial warranty...no gimmicks!!

Unbelievable power!!

7. Buba

Buba LawnSite Member
    from PA

Grass Master, Yeah I thought the same thing with the Echo blow tube thing. Hey I thought that I was wrong on the weight thing so I went to Echo's web site and noticed that the dry weight of the 650 was 24.4 lbs. Then I looked in my Red Max literature and saw that the dry weight of the 7001 is 21.1 lbs, I think that is about 3lbs difference. What I didn't know was that on Echo's web site they have the commercial warranty as 90 days, I thought that they had the same as Red Max. Have a great year.

8. turfcare

turfcare LawnSite Senior Member

Redmax Rules! I bought one about a month ago. I looked at the Echo but decided to go with the Redmax because of its reputation and the weight. It also starts incredibly easy. Once you go Redmax, you never go back!!!

9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 2 Redmax trimmers that are old as dirt. One has fallen off of my truck at 65 MPH, they have been left out in all kinds of weather, etc. If you didn't know what a Remax was you would have trouble identifying them as all the decals are long gone.

But, they start and run as smooth and strong as new.

We also have (3) EB7001....big moneymakers in leaf season.

And, a Redmax HB2300 hand blower. So light, so strong, runs perfect.

Also, 4 brand new BC225 DL trimmers. Never a bit of trouble with any Redmax equipment.

KB